Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Birds and Blooms

Hi!  Happy Wednesday!  We've actually had a few sunny days in a row now here in Northern California, the trees are all blooming beautifully, and yesterday I was noticing that we had quite a few songbirds in our yard again.  So, it seemed appropriate to share this spring card, which was actually one of the first cards I made back when I received my new Watercolor Pencils during the demonstrator pre-order from the Occasions Catalog back in December!!!  Has taken me a while to share, but now that I'm in the mood for Spring, seems like the right time!  ;)



The bird and flower images are from the Best Birds Stamp Set, and were so fun to watercolor!  I stamped them using Archival Black Ink onto Watercolor Paper.

Here's a photo of the work in progress:



After the watercoloring dried, I layered the finished piece onto a piece of Very Vanilla to give it a more framed, finished look.  The card base is Pool Party.  There's a layer of Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Series Paper along the bottom, and Sweet Sugarplum ribbon from the Succulent Garden Combo Pack.  I also added some Pearl Jewels in the flower centers for a bit more dimension.  (You can click the links if you'd like to check out these products in my online store).

Are you feeling ready for Spring, too?

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: