Monday, February 12, 2024

SUper Friends Valentine's Card Swap

The SUper Friends' January Swap was Valentine's themed, and I am excited to show those cards to you today!  

Jaya's beautiful card features a very creative bouquet that cleverly combines flowers from the Painted Lavender Bundle with hearts and a wrap for the flowers made with the Share a Milkshake dies (don't you love the versatililty this shows for the 3D waffle cone die!?!!).  The greeting is from the Bee My Valentine stamp set:    


Here's a close up of the wonderful bouquet:



Kallien created her darling interactive card and its coordinating envelope with the Hooray for Surprises Bundle.  I love how the heart on the card front opens to reveal a hidden message inside!  




And, the inside of the card is finished with the flower image to coordinate perfectly with the card front and envelope: 



Margery created her adorable diorama card with the Bee Mine Suite Collection.  This is such a clever way to show off the fun patterns in the designer series paper in this Suite, and I love the expressions she gave to the bees.  I took photos from a few different angles to better show off this fun fold:




And, the inside is finished with one of the sentiments from the Bee My Valentine stamp set:


Judy's gorgeous card features the Enduring Beauty Stamp Set and Decorative Masks combined with the Radiating Stitches Dies.  She embossed the floral stamped image with black embossing powder, and the greeting (from the Bee My Valentine set) in white.  Then, finished off with some rhinestones for the perfect amount of sparkle.  I think the embossing and rich colors of the flowers give this card such a classy, romantic look!



Here's a close up to better show the vibrant colors and a bit of the wonderful sheen from the embossing:


And, the inside is finished with a greeting from the Enduring Beauty Stamp set and hearts from the Bee Mine Valentine set:


For my card, I decided to combine the Adoring Hearts Hybrid Embossing folder with the Most Adored Specialty Designer Series Paper (one of the Sale-a-Bration choices).  (And, I just realized looking at the Sale-a-Bration brochure that there is a card with the same layout there, so while I may have thought I was being clever, it was probably really more of a CASE, which is okay, too!  ;) ).  I had fun using the letterpress technique on some of the hearts, adding foil die cuts on others, and adding some heart pearls, which I just discovered are actually retired (oops!).   The greeting is from the Bee My Valentine stamp set (a popular one in this swap, for good reason!) 



And, here's the inside of mine, finished with strips of card stock and coordinating designer series paper, plus some gold foil heart die cuts:





Hope you enjoyed this bit of Valentine's inspiration!  Thanks so much to the SUper Friends for another wonderful swap!  And, if you are interested in joining us, please message me for more information about how to do that!

- Michelle


 

No comments: