Thursday, February 15, 2024

Thoughtful Expressions Trio

 Happy Thursday!  I have a trio of cards to share with you today that I created with the Thoughtful Expressions Bundle.   The focal image of the hummingbird on each card is similar, but I chose different colors for the background layers and flowers around the butterfly and slightly different layouts for each of the cards.  Here they all are together:



And, here are some close ups and details about each of the cards:


For this card, I selected a Pool Party piece from the Sale-a-Bration Softly Stippled Designer Series Paper for the background.  I added a coordinating Pool Party mat to my stamped piece, which has images stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Stampin' Blends.  Layered between the background designer series paper and the focal image is a piece of Sale-a-Bration Pool Party Crinkle Ribbon (I love this so much, I've already used a whole roll of it!!!)  The greeting is made with the Thoughtful Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder (outline brayered in Memento Tuxedo Black, and then bottoms of letters colored with a Pool Party Stampin' Blend).  To finish it off, I added gems to the flower centers and around the greeting.  

Here's a closer view of the hummingbird and greeting:



The next card is actually on a Soft Sea Foam Card Stock base.   I layered an embossed piece of Basic White, from which I had cut a window with one of the Thoughtful Expressions dies, on top of the base with dimensionals.  I had used the Layered Florals 3d Embossing Folder to add texture to the Basic White piece after I had cut the die cut window from it.  I then layered the die cut hummingbird and flower images into that window, and spilling out and down the card front around the greeting.  The greeting is embossed in white on a die cut piece of Garden Green Card Stock.  Again, I finished the card with gems in the flower centers and around the greeting: 



Here's a closer view of the hummingbird and flowers:



The final card of this trio has a Basic White card base with a piece of Bubble Bath card stock layered on top of it.  I layered on a strip of Garden Green and then added the Basic White piece that i had stamped, colored and cut with one of the Deckled Rectangles Dies.  The greeting is from the Sale-a-Bration Softly Sophisticated Bundle.  Again, I finished the card with some gems in the flower centers:


Here's the closer view of this hummingbird:




I finished the insides of the cards simply, with some stamped flower images:



  Which of these cards do you like best?  

- Michelle

No comments: