Thursday, July 16, 2020

Prized Peonies in 3D

In the last post, I shared a couple cards made with the Prized Peony stamp set.  Today, I have some cards to share with you made with the Peony Dies as well (available together in a bundle).   The first set of cards were inspired by the card on page 178 of the Annual Catalog.  I used the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper in the background.  For the twine, I colored Baker's Twine using Stampin' Blends.

There are five layers to the peony die cuts, and I sponged each of them before assembling.  I used lots of dimensionals on the petal layers to create the 3D effect for the flowers:   
 



Here's a side view, to give a better idea of the dimension, and so you can see how the four main layers of die cuts for the peony all line up at the bottom:


The next project is a multi-colored peony tag I created to go on a gift I sent to a friend:


This tag was inspired by this pin.  My peony is colored with Stampin' Blends.  The foliage around it is from the Forever Fern Bundle.  Those are layered on a circle of Magenta Madness, that I die cut with one of the Layering Circles Dies, and embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder.  I layered that on to a couple of the Square Vellum Doilies (part of the Peony Garden Suite Collection).  The ribbon around the container is from the Flowers for Every Season Combo Pack.  The greeting is from the Forever Fern Stamp Set and is stamped on a piece die cut with one of the Tasteful Labels Dies.


The final project today is another card I copied from the Annual Catalog, this time from page 83.  Here's my card along with its inspiration:


I made this card as part of a "CASE the Catalog" challenge during our last virtual SUper Friends gathering.  It was fun to see which cards everyone picked.  Peony cards were a popular choice, as were cards made with the Lovely You stamp set.

The background paper is again from the  Peony Garden Designer Series Paper.  One of my favorite dies in the Peony Dies is the scallop border, and this card shows it off on the Smoky Slate greeting tag.  I inked up just the part of the greeting used on the card with a Stampin' Write Marker and stamped.  The peony is cut in Very Vanilla and sponged with Petal Pink to match the designer paper and card base.  The leaves are Old Olive.  

Here's a view of just the card:



Hope you liked these peony cards!  If you'd like to check out any of the supplies used to make these, please be sure to follow the links above to my online store.  

Thanks so much for visiting!

- Michelle  

No comments: