Monday, July 13, 2020

Prized Peony Sunset Background Cards

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We had a pretty quiet weekend, and I did get a good bit of stamping done on Saturday, so that was a happy thing!  I finished up some cards with a bunch of Big Shot pressed flower backgrounds I had made in the spring.  I will try to share those another day, but still need to work on photos of those.

Today, I have a couple cards to share with you that I made for a "Make-It Monday" challenge for a demonstrator group.  The challenge was to case one of the cards on the front of the new annual catalog.  I decided to change things up a good bit, keeping only the basic layout of the card and recreating the blocks of color on the background piece using Stampin' Blends in peaches and pinks (Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, and Pink Pirouette, to be specific).  I decided to call this technique with the Blends the sunset background, as this reminds me of the layers of color you see at sunset, but perhaps there is another name for it? 

I also decided to use the Prized Peony Bundle, Linen Thread, greetings and punch from the Lovely You Bundle, and Artistry Blooms Sequins to create these cards.

Here is a finished, stamped background piece, ready to be attached to a card base:


And, here are my two finished cards:





Thanks so much for visiting my blog!  Happy Stamping!

-Michelle

No comments: