Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Oh, Christmas Trees!

Have been a little quiet lately, as I've been busy with lots of projects, but I also have lots to share with you!  So, I thought I'd pop in and show you a couple of Christmas trees I've created recently.  Here's the first one:


This started as a foam tree base, and I covered it with almost 80 rolled roses.  To create the roses, I started with 1-3/4" circles of Real Red Card Stock, cut spirals in them, and rolled them up.  They are attached to the foam tree using hot glue.

The second tree was inspired by some beautiful trees I had seen in Stampin Success a year or so ago.  I die cut a number of flowers out of Very Vanilla Card Stock and also punched out some pieces from Champagne Glimmer Paper.  I embossed some of the flowers, and layered the different pieces together.  Then, I added gold brads and pearl jewels to the centers:



Then, I hot glued these onto another foam tree base, to create this tree:



What do you think?  Which one do you like best?

Hope you are finding some time for some fun holiday crafting!  

- Michelle



2 comments:

CraftyJAR said...

They are both beautiful Michelle. I can't choose one.
Judy

Anonymous said...

Both are beautiful, Michelle, but I do love the red one the best. The red overwhelms me with warmth and I can't stop staring at it! Did you use felt? Just wondering how difficult it would be to use cardstock instead. Do you remember how many roses you had to make to fill the cone? So love the idea and look! TFS, Marlene C.