Tuesday, August 8, 2017

If Life Gives You Lemons . . . Card

Hello!  One of the things I need to do today is squeeze a bunch of lemons from our (perhaps overabundantly productive?) lemon tree and make some lemonade!  So, seemed appropriate to share this card, which I created to show at a workshop last week:


I combined the Coffee Cafe bundle with images from the Lemon Zest set for this card.  For the glass of lemonade. I stamped the glass in Night of Navy onto Watercolor Paper, which I'd painted with a wash of Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist and Peekaboo Peach for a fun ombre effect.   The lemon slices were done using the rock and roll technique with either Daffodil Delight and Peekaboo Peach or Daffodil Delight and Lemon Lime Twist.  The designer paper is from the Eastern Palace Specialty Pack.  I also added a few Glitter Enamel Dots for a bit of sparkle on the card.


A bit of Fine Tip Glue gives some dimension to the ice cubes and lemon peels.

And, here's the inside:



Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: