Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Eclectic Summer Tie-Dye Cards

Hi!  Happy Wednesday!  Today I have some cards to share with you using a tie-dye technique that I actually first saw shared in a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Facebook group on a fabulous card by Kim Jolley (you can see the card that caught my eye in this post on Kim's blog) . . . well, when I was reading emails today, I saw that Kim is today's guest tutorial author on Splitcoaststampers and has shared her awesome tutorial for this technique there (here's the link to that), so that's a fun coincidence!  

I created these cards as thank yous for my co-teachers and youth helpers at our church's Vacation Bible School a couple weeks back -- the lessons from the week were about Joseph, including his coat of many colors, and we all had tie-dye camp shirts, so the technique fit the theme well!  

I wanted more "girly" colors for my first couple of cards, so I used Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Powder Pink and Berry Burst on these:



I used the Eclectic Layers Thinlits to create the hearts and scattered some sequins (attached with glue dots) for a bit of sparkle.  The sentiment is from the Floral Phrases stamp set, and I didn't take a photo of the inside, but I'd stamped the "For all the thoughtful things you do" phrase in there.

For the next card, I used a color combo of Berry Burst, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, and Old Olive.  The diamond is die cut using the Eclectic Layers Thinlits, and I carefully color inside it with Gold Wink of Stella, which on the Bermuda Bay created a color that closely resembles Old Olive (with more sparkle, though!)


For the next few cards, I used Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Powder Pink, Berry Burst and Bermuda Bay, again with die cuts from the Eclectic Layers Thinlits:




The color combo on this final card is Berry Burst, Bermuda Bay, and Pacific Point:


The sparkle in the flower centers is from a Glitter Enamel Dot.  

Which color combo is your favorite?  These were so fun to create, I'm looking forward to trying this technique again!  Hope you'll give it a try, too!  Kim's tutorial is wonderful -- so grateful to her for sharing it!

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Michelle




No comments: