Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Playful Pumpkins

The World Cardmaking Day Extravaganza was great fun -- I figured out today that between everyone there, we worked on over 200 cards and other projects!!!  So, I think that was a pretty great way to celebrate the day!  A big thanks to everyone who joined me for that!

I finally have a new card to share with you -- this is one from my Playful Pumpkins class.  (The first class for this was at the end of September, but I have another one coming up this Friday, and if you are interested and in the area, there is still space!  Please email me or leave me a comment if you would like more information.) 



The card is made with a Crumb Cake base, plus Newsprint Designer Series Paper sponged with So Saffron and layered onto a piece of Chocolate Chip.  Pumpkin Pie was used for the punched ovals that form the pumpkin, Crumb Cake for the stem (inked with the Early Espresso pad, using the direct to paper technique), and Old Olive for the leaf. 

The ovals were punched using the Wide Oval Punch, then embossed using different embossing folders (in this case, Polka Dots and Elegant Lines, but during the class, we had fun trying out other folders as well).  I used dimensionals to pop up the top ovals and give the pumpkin even more of a 3-D look.

The stem was punched with the Word Window punch, then trimmed.  The leaf was punched using the Boho Blossoms punch.  I folded the flower to create the vein look on the leaf. 

The "4 you" is from the Tiny Tags set, stamped on Very Vanilla, and punched out with the Small Tag Punch.  The card was finished off with an Early Espresso 3/16" taffeta bow.

I have more Halloween projects to share with you!  Please let me know what you think and check back again soon to see more!

- Michelle

No comments: