Thursday, October 21, 2010

Monster Mash Card

Today I have another Halloween project to share with you -- this one is a sample I made for a recent Halloween kids class.  When I saw the Make a Monster stamp set in the Idea Book, I knew I had to have it for just this class!  And, I decided to pull out my Stampin' Pastels and let the kids try out the chalkboard technique.  Using Basic Black card stock (or another dark color would work, too), you stamp your image in Whisper White Craft ink, and then apply whatever pastel colors you choose.  Here's my card:


And, a close up of the monsters:



The card base is a piece of Old Olive card stock, which I stamped using the eyeballs from the Make a Monster set in Whisper White craft ink, and then applied Elegant Eggplant Stampin' Pastels.  The designer paper strip along the side is from the Wicked Fun Specialty Paper.  I created the eyeball-ish embellishment on that using a Whisper White flower punch from the Boho Blossoms Punch, topped with a Basic Black Circle and one of the Brights Glimmer Brads (from the Holiday Mini).  The monster focal image is mounted on a layer of Whisper White and Tangerine Tango.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

Michelle VanWiggeren

1 comment:

Jana Weaver said...

I love this card...perfect technique with this set!