Monday, December 19, 2011

Stocking Transforms into Rudolph!

When I saw Fran Sabad's adorable felt reindeer made with the Stocking Die, I knew I had to try making one of my own.  Here's how mine turned out:



I used brown wool felt for the body and ears.  The ears are cut with the heel part of the stocking.  Rudolph's collar was cut using the stocking cuff part of the die and black felt.  I also wrapped some Real Red 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon around the cuff.  The antlers are Early Espresso card stock, die cut using the Lattice Die and then trimmed into shape.  For the nose, I punched some Real Red Glimmer Paper using the 1-3/8" Circle, and then glued on using Tombo Mono (you have to be a little patient as it sets, but once it does, it holds well, even on the fabric!).  Similarly, for the eyes, I punched a circle of Basic Black and a circle of Whisper White, and attached those using Tombo Mono.

Isn't this a fun idea?!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so darn stinkin' cute, Michelle!!! My club absolutely love your Rudolph version with the sock die! Very clever, lady!!! Marlene Caravello