Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Marlene's Christmas Creations!

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I regularly swap with my amazingly talented friend Marlene Caravello.  We swapped cards, tags, and 3D items for Christmas.  And, when you see what I received in the package with these goodies from Marlene, I am sure you will agree that her artwork was a pretty awesome Christmas present!!!  

There are lots of photos to enjoy in this post, so I'll try to keep the commentary to a minimum! 

Here are the cards Marlene created:  



Don't you love the Red Glimmer Paper ornaments, the music notes (from the Natural Composition Designer Specialty Paper -- brayered Cherry Cobbler or Real Red), and the wonderful ribbons!?!!  Beautiful!!!

For the next card, Marlene die cut a candy cane window, then added Real Red and Whisper White stitched ribbon behind it to create a candy cane:  


I love the sparkle and shimmer she added, plus the fun textures paired with the Candlelight Christmas Designer Series Paper.  Even the inside is finished beautifully:



Here is the first of the tags I received:



The technique used to add color around the snowflakes is so soft and pretty, and the Silver Glimmer Paper adds such wonderful sparkle!


The next tag is this beautiful bird, which graced my Christmas tree through this holiday season, and will be a cherished addition from now on:




The third tag is a very clever Christmas tree -- decorated with strips from the Festival of Prints paper stack, cute trims, and ornaments from Scentsational Season (candy cane and gingerbread man) and Sweets for the Sweet (peppermint):


The tree is a notecard die cut using the Perfect Pennants die.  Here's how it looks open:


Marlene also created this adorable family of candy cane elves, one for each member of my family:


Here's a close up of one of the boys:


And, here's my adorable elf:


  And, there were a couple extra goodies in my box, decorated with these beautiful tags, made using the Four Seasons hostess set:



I feel so blessed to be the recipient of these!!!  Thanks so much, Marlene!  

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so so much, Michelle! I feel so blessed to have you as a friend. Love the way you displayed and chatted about my artwork. You always manage to make it look even better than I could ever imagine! Hugs, Marlene C.