Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Flowers

Last night, a friend and I hosted a special "Moms Night In" jewelry and crafting party, which was a fun and relaxing way to spend the evening!  I wanted to create a special thank you for each of the wonderful women who attended, and decided on handcrafted roses.  I arranged them in a jar that I had antiqued using the same technique as for the arrangements I made for my hostess tea this year (you can see those here, but basically I upcycled a glass jar by spraying it with Krylon's Looking Glass Spray).  Here's how my rose bouquet turned out:






Hope the ladies who received the flowers felt super-special and appreciated!

Supplies:

Paper:  Real Red, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, So Saffron, and Gumball Green Card Stock; Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Spiral Flower Originals Die (I cut two pieces for each rose); Five Petal Punch (retired); Very Vanilla Seam Binding (dyed with Rich Razzleberry ink; I used a Color Spritzer filled with several drops of reinker and water, and spritzed that onto the seam binding)
Other:  Glass Jar, Looking Glass Spray and Floral Wire Stems

Hope you've had a beautiful day!  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: