Friday, April 10, 2015

Floral Lanterns SUper Friends Project

At the March gathering of my SUper Friends (demonstrator group), in addition to swapping, we also created a project.  I'd found some fun decorative lanterns in Target dollar spot, and we used punches and card stock to dress those up.  Here's how mine turned out (apologies, didn't think to get photos of the others at the time . . . maybe my SUper Friends will share photos here or on Facebook?):




I used the Pansy Punch for the flowers, with Crisp Cantaloupe and Strawberry Slush card stock.  The centers are Daffodil Delight card stock, die cut with the Bouquet Bigz die.  The leaves are Pistachio Pudding card stock, cut with the branch from the Bird Punch.

While I like the simple and elegant look of just a few flowers, I decided to step up my lantern a bit, and after trying some different things (including a die cut butterfly embellishment, which I really wanted to work but ultimately had to admit was just too big for the scale of the lantern . . . and will have to find some other way to use!), this is how my lantern looks now:








For the smaller flowers, I punched either Pink Pirouette with the Petite Petals punch or Crisp Cantaloupe with the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents punch.  Then, I stamped the centers with an image from Summer Silhouettes in Tangerine Tango.  For each smaller flower center, I colored a small pearl jewel (I used my Blendabilities, which are sadly no longer available . . . any alcohol based marker will do the trick for this, but was nice to be able to color coordinate easily).

I've been on a real kick of making flowers like this lately, so no doubt you'll be seeing some more projects with them here soon!  Must have spring fever!!!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: