Thursday, June 25, 2015

World of Dreams Wedding Card

Hope you are having a good day!  Thought I'd pop in today and share a card I created for a swap last month (theme was WOW wedding or anniversary).  I know it's been out for a little while, but I finally got my own World of Dreams stamp set and wanted to ink it up for this swap, and was inspired by this beautiful card by Julie Davison  to use a combination of World of Dreams and the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamps.  I wanted some sunshine in there, too, so added the burst image from Kinda Eclectic.  Here's how my card turned out:


Here's a close up of the stamped focal image (you can see I added ombre brushstrokes for the sky behind the nesting birds).  Starting at the top, I used soft sky, blushing bride, and then Calypso Coral. The flowers and hearts are stamped in either Calypso Coral or Blushing Bride.  They blend in a bit, but there are also some small sunburst images in the collage, and those are stamped in Crushed Curry.


Here's a picture of just the base, so you can see the embossing better.  The Very Vanilla panel was embossed first with the Woodgrain embossing folder, and then again with the Lovely Lace.


There's a small bit of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine with a rhinestone in the center on the greeting.

Here's another version I created, which has the heart with "love" embossed with gold powder around the birds:




The heart image is from the You're So Sweet stamp set.

Hoping to get back on a more regular blogging schedule now that we're settling into our summer routine . . . we'll see . . .  Do have lots of fun projects to share with you, just need to get posting!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

- Michelle



No comments: