Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Many Magical Mermaid Cards


Happy Tuesday!   Last week, I shared the swap card I created with the Magical Day Bundle for our January SUper Friends swap, but I actually created several different versions of it, and wanted to share those with you today!  The basic layout is the same for each of the cards, the difference is in the colors of the background papers I used.  Well, and using Brusho to create the background for the mermaid and her seahorse friends, meant that each card turned out a bit different, too!  

Here are the three different color variations I created:




Respectively, the paint crackle/ocean wave-looking background paper on each is Dapper Denim, Old Olive, and Berry Burst, from the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Pack.  The frame around the mermaid and friends artwork is either Lemon-Lime Twist or Dapper Denim from the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Paper pack. And, the chevron strip behind that is a design from the Foil Frenzy Specialty Paper.  

Here's a close up of one of the Brusho backgrounds:


To create it, I started with a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock, spritzed that, sprinkled on some Moss Green and Prussian Blue crystals, then spritzed again.  The mermaid and seahorses were colored with Stampin' Blends Markers.  I embellished the card with Brights Enamel Shapes (starfish in mermaid's hair and hearts on greeting), and the new Glitter and Clear Epoxy shapes (sparkles in the water).

I used leftover strips from the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Pack as well as some of the wonderful Myths & Magic Specialty Washi Tape to finish the inside of the card and the back flap of the envelope:



Which is your favorite color combination?

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: