Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Post World Card Making Day Party Faux Watercolor Sunflower Card

 Greetings!  Today I am sharing with you the first of the three cards we made at last Saturday's Post World Card Making Day party.  This card is created using the Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks.  My card was inspired or CASED from Steffi Helmschrott (stempelwiese); I found her card on Pinterest, but believe her original post for it is this one on Instagram.  

For my card, I copied the color scheme, using a background of Crumb Cake ink applied with blending brushes, and then a combination of Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie for the petals, Copper Clay for the flower centers and Old Olive for the leaves.  After all the colors were blended on the card, I misted with a bit of water to create the faux watercolor look.  


I ran just a bit of the left side of the card through the Distressed Tile 3D Embossing Folder.  Next to the line from that, I added a strip of the Autumn Leaves Designer Series Paper.  The greeting is from the Pansy Patch Stamp Set and is stamped in Copper Clay on a piece of Very Vanilla die cut with one of the Stylish Shapes Dies.  I finished with some Adhesive-Backed Speckled Dots.


As I was deciding on the final design, I also tried embossing the entire flower layer with the embossing folder.  I decided that was a bit too much for what I wanted for the class, but here is how that card turned out:


 


Which design do you like better?  I think this would be fun to try with some other color combinations as well . . . and in fact have done that . . . stay tuned!  I'm curious what color combinations would you try?  

- Michelle


No comments: