Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Easter Home Decor Projects

 If you caught my Facebook Live today, you saw some projects I've been working on plus some of the swaps I received at OnStage Houston!  I thought I'd pop over here and share some of those projects as well, starting with two Easter home decor projects I recently finished.  

The first project is a light-up bunny.  I painted this with acrylic paint to get the nice brown color, then used some Stampin' Up! supplies to complete its transformation.  I actually made two of these, one for myself and one to send to my friend Marlene as part of a swap.  Here they are together:


And, here are some close ups:




The main difference between the two pieces is the color of card stock I used for the ears.  For my bunny, I used some card stock left over from one of my OnStage swaps -- it was Bubble Bath, sponged with Melon Mambo.  For Marlene's bunny, I used Petal Pink card stock.  Other supplies used on the bunnies are embossing paste on the tail, and Zinnia designer series paper behind the cut out flowers and around the bunny's neck.  I used black Enamel Effects for the bunnies' eyes and mouth, and a combination of White and Red Enamel Effects for the little pink nose.  The flower is cut from Melon Mambo with Sentimental Park dies, with a daffodil delight center cut with the small die cut from the Zinnia dies, and leaves cut from Garden Green with a die from the Paper Florist dies.  I added a dot of Gold Enamel Effects in the flower center.  I also added a Linen Thread bow near the flower.  

The second project is an Easter egg.  Again, I started by painting the unfinished wood piece with some acrylic paint, this time in a shade of yellow that reminds me of Lemon Lolly.  Then, I added flowers cut with the Paper Florist dies on one side.  The "Happy Easter" is from the Excellent Eggs stamp set.  On the other side, I added circles cut out of Meandering Meadow Designer Series Paper with the new Spotlight on Nature circle dies (which will be available when the 2024-2025 Annual Catalog goes live in May!), and the "Happy Spring" from the Excellent Eggs stamp set.  






Hope you like these ideas!   Thanks for visiting my blog!

-- Michelle


No comments: