Monday, May 9, 2011

Special Cards for Extra-Special Moms!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday!  I enjoyed the day -- we had a relaxing afternoon, and the boys prepared dinner for me (well, mostly Greg did, but the little guys helped as much as they could). 

I wanted to share with you the special cards I made for my mom and mom-in-law, who are both amazing ladies!  They are wonderfully creative as well, and I wanted to make cards for each of them that reflect their interests.

My mom loves roses, so I created this 3-D rose card for her:


I used the Springtime Vintage Designer Series paper in the background, which was from the now-no-longer-available Occasions Mini.  However, this beautiful paper is still available as a Digital Download!

My mom-in-law makes beautiful quilts, so I created this card for her:



The buttons and fabric in the background are from the Sew Suite Digital Download, and I printed them out on Very Vanilla.  I added a quilted look to them by embossing them first with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, and again with the Tulip Frame folder.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: