Monday, September 26, 2011

Thanks so Much for Fall

Can you believe it is now officially fall?  We had some slightly cooler weather over the weekend, and even our first little sprinkle of rain in a while, so it actually felt a little like fall here!  It's supposed to get warm again this week, but I've noticed some leaves are starting to change and it is getting dark earlier . . . and the kids are starting to discuss what they want to dress up as for Halloween.  (I think they're going to use last year's costumes again this year!  That sure makes life easier!)   

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying these first few days of fall, too.  Here's a fall card I made recently for a couple of swaps, using some fun new products from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini: 



Here's a close up of the T monogram: 


I made this piece using the Letter It alphabet set, stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla.  I punched it out with the 1-1/4" Circle, so it would layer in one of the new Spice Cake Designer Buttons.   These buttons are probably the biggest I've ever seen -- so, when I saw them, the first thing that came to mind was using them as a frame!  

There is a 1-3/4" Circle of More Mustard underneath the button, and that is layered onto a piece of Soft Suede, which I die cut using the Perfect Pennants Bigz L Die and the Big Shot.

Here's a close up of the leaves:


These were stamped using the new Gently Falling stamp set.  For each leaf, I first stamped the more "solid" image from the set.  I used the rock n roll technique to ink the stamp.  The maple and small leaf were inked first in More Mustard, then rocked around the edges into Cajun Craze.  The oak leaf was first inked with River Rock, then one side was rocked into More Mustard and the other side with Cajun Craze. 

I added a Very Vanilla jewelry tag, stamped with an image from the Tiny Tags stamp set.  I used linen thread to tie a bow through a hole I punched in the tag.

The designer paper is from the Spice Cake Designer Series Paper pack, and I layered that onto Pool Party card stock.  The card is on a River Rock base.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really getting a work here...but I so deserve it. I cannot believe I have not yet found my last comment. I feel terrible that I have neglected to come out to your sight lately. Anyway, Love this card and so glad that I have one to hold and admire. TFS! Marlene Caravello