Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Clearly For You Vintage Embossed Card

Life has been busy around here!  The boys have had lots of baseball lately -- practices, games, hit-a-thons, and  pictures, oh my!!!  I'm enjoying seeing their progress this season, getting to know their teammates and their families, and all that good stuff.  Saw an opportunity today with nothing baseball, so I thought I better pop in and let you know I really am still here!!!  And, I have plenty to share with you!

Thought today I'd show you another card I created using the same vintage embossing technique as in this mother's day card.  For this one, I kept the card layout on the clean and simple side:


The base is Wisteria Wonder.  I framed the embossed piece with Concord Crush (a retiring In Color).  Then, I added this piece:



To create it, I used a 1-1/2" x 2" Beveled Windowpane (these are on the retiring list, so make sure to pick some up before it is too late!)   I cut a piece of Very Vanilla to fit, and stamped it with images from the Clearly for You stamp set (also retiring).  I inked the flowery background using the Rock n Roll technique, first in Crumb Cake, and then with Wisteria Wonder Classic Ink around the edges.  The birds and "for you" images were stamped in Early Espresso.  I also stamped a small flower just to the right, in between the birds and greeting.  The small flower and birds were colored using an Aquapainter and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  I used Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon wrapped through the windowpane to hold the artwork in place and help with attaching everything to the card.

Hope you enjoyed the card!  Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: