Monday, July 2, 2012

Vintage Fan Fair Cards

Today's card has a fun vintage feel -- when I saw the bicycle design in the new Fan Fair Designer Series Paper, I thought it would be perfect for a summer birthday card!  Here's what I ended up designing:




The card base is Crumb Cake, and I added a layer of Island Indigo under the bicycle paper layer.  I used the Apothecary Label Framelits to create a Very Vanilla and an Island Indigo label, and stamped on the Very Vanilla label with numbers and the outline from the Memorable Moments stamp set.  The Riding Hood Red label in between the two Apothecary Labels is die cut using one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  The "happy birthday" is stamped in Island Indigo using one of the stamps from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and die cut using the Bitty Banner Framelits.  The Riding Hood Red, flowered designer paper layer is also cut using the Bitty Banner Framelits.  I used 1/8" Mini Brads on the greeting, and added one of the new Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons inside an image from the Papaya Collage Stamp Set, which I stamped on the designer paper in Island Indigo.

We made this card at my June Creative Connections class, and I decided to add a little more oomph to the Island Indigo Apothecary Label by embossing it.  I used the Stripes Embossing Folder, and like how that came out.  Another of my friends used the Fancy Fan folder, and that turned out great, too.



Here's a closer view so you can see the embossing a little better:


Inside the card, I stamped the numbers from the Memorable Moments set in Crumb Cake ink:


Here's a close up of one of the Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons on the card:


Hope you enjoyed seeing this card!  Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle



No comments: