Sunday, July 17, 2016

Jar of Love Swap Card Evolution

Hi!  Thought I'd share with you some photos of admittedly subtle variations on the Jar of Love card I created for our recent SUper Friends swap.  

The first background texture I chose was the new Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing Folder:


While I liked it, I was concerned that maybe the texture was a bit too big with the delicate flowers and doily and small circles on the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper.  The Softly Falling folder had come up in a conversation with a friend while I was working on this, so I decided to give that a try:


And, liked that even better.  What do you think?

As I was assembling the cards, I also discovered that I actually liked the card with just the larger flowers in Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder:


But, had already cut the smaller flowers (stamped in Peekaboo Peach and Calypso Coral), so went ahead and added those to my arrangement:

 

I still felt the card needed something when I was done with this, so tried adding some Pearl Jewels:


 Still not quite satisfied, I decided to color my pearls (used a retired Melon Mambo Blendability for the color combination) -- would have been easier to do before the pearls were attached, but sadly hadn't occurred to me in time!




Which do you like best?

I'm looking forward to making some more cards with this stamp set -- while I'm partial to the flowers, there are so many fun possibilities with this versatile set!!!

No comments: