Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Playful Carousel Hexagon Box

Happy Tuesday!  Today I have a project to share with you that I created for my most recent swap with my friend Marlene!  After seeing photos of this gorgeous box by Claire Napper on Pinterest, I wanted to find a way to create my own!  It took some research into how to create hexagon boxes with this style of top (came across some other cool origami ideas along the way that I'd still like to try, too . . .).  But, I did it!  Here's how my version turned out:




I used So Saffron for my base, and stamped the circles on the top using the Playful Backgrounds stamp set and Peekaboo Peach ink.  For the side panels, I placed a piece of the Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper onto a layer of Peekaboo Peach card stock.  For the carousel horse, I stamped the image from the Carousel Birthday stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink, colored carefully with the Watercolor Pencils, then went over the coloring with either Clear or Gold Wink of Stella, before fussy cutting the image.



Here's a view of the top, which is held closed with a bit of Bermuda Bay Baker's twine.


A fun box to fill with candy and send off to a friend!  It would also be an amazing party favor, don't you think?!  

Please let me know if you'd be interested in learning how to make this box!

Thanks for visiting!
Michelle

No comments: