Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

Today is National Scrapbooking Day, so I wanted to share a special scrapbook page with you!  Here it is:



This is an 8.5 x 11" page on Bashful Blue cardstock, with a Real Red strip along the left side and Whisper White frame on the focal photo and for the trim along the Real Red strip (I used the Pinking Hearts Border Punch to create that.)

The clouds were printed out from the Sunny Days Digital Download, which comes with the basic My Digital Studio software.  So, I guess you could say this is a hybrid page, since it does combine some traditional and digital elements!

I "enhanced" the photos using Two Way Glue and Dazzling Diamonds glitter . . . to give the rainy areas a bit more sparkle.  Here are some close ups of that:








And, I had fun creating the two little quail brothers at the bottom.  I stamped the images from Happy Together in Basic Gray ink on Whisper White and Real Red, then cut them out and paper pieced.  I colored the beaks using my Only Orange Marker, the leaves with Glorious Green, and added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds to the flower center.  Here's a close up of that:




Hope you are able to find some time to do some scrapbooking today -- or, if your day is as full as mine (my 7 year old played a baseball game this morning, we're going with him for a Cub Scout tour at the Intel Museum this afternoon, and attending a minor league baseball game this evening!) at least be sure to take some photos to scrapbook sometime this month! 

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

3 comments:

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

I love this page!!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Fabulous layout! Terrific photos too!

Anonymous said...

Love your idea and page layout, Michelle! Are you the photographer? Great shots! Thanks for sharing your talent!
Marlene Caravello