Thursday, May 20, 2010

Midsummer Night's Dream Card

Stampin' Up!'s Summer Mini has some amazing new paper called Presto Patterns.  This designer paper has white images on white paper, and when you add color to the paper, the white images resist the color and pop of the page like magic!  One of the designs features words from a Midsummer Night's Dream, which is my absolute favorite of Shakespeare's comedies (and I've read a lot of them -- I was an English major!!)  So, when I saw that, I couldn't resist creating a card!

Here's what I made:



I brayered several shades of pink classic ink to color the paper.  I started with Pink Pirouette (a former In Color that will become one of Stampin' Up!'s new core colors as of July 1st!), then Regal Rose, and finally Melon Mambo.  I spritzed the paper with Golden Glow Smooch Spritz.  After I'd achieved the look I wanted, I layered that onto a piece of Melon Mambo card stock and then onto a So Saffron card base.

To dress up the card, I used some Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon, as well as some felt flowers that I created using the new Stampin' Up! Island Floral Bigz Die.  I love how the Bigz Dies cut through fabric -- so easy!  The flowers were cut from white felt, which I then stamped on and finally used some Golden Glow Smooch Spritz, before adding the Pumpkin Pie flower and pink Fire Circle Rhinestone Brad.  The leaves were cut from Old Olive card stock, using the Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch.  Here's a close up of the flowers:




To highlight the word "loving" on the Presto designer paper, I used a piece of Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware.  I also stamped the heart from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set. 

Inside the card, I stamped images from the A Beautiful Thing stamp set, and spritzed with Golden Glow Smooch Spritz.   Here's how a peek at how that turned out:



The shimmer Smooch Spritz adds is so much fun!

I thought this could be a fun card for a wedding or anniversary or even a birthday! 

- Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh...I just love this card, Michelle. It is oh so beautiful (so much more in person)! The felt flowers are so soft and dreamy and the smooch makes everything shimmer. Thanks so much for this awesome card!!!
Marlene Caravello

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

This is really pretty! Love what you did with the felt flowers. The colours are so soft!!