Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tropical Dream Mojo Card

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Mother's Day!  We're having a nice day here, and I even had a few minutes to finish up a card for the Mojo Monday 137 Contest.  I love this week's layout -- those four different colored squares are so much fun!  For my card, I decided to use the new Tropical Party stamps and Island Oasis paper from the new Stampin' Up! Summer Mini.  It's been a bit colder and more rainy than usual around here lately, so it felt good to work with some warm, bright, and summery paper and colors! 

Here's what I came up with:


I layered the Island Oasis paper on a Tempting Turquoise card base, then used a Pumpkin Pie square, layered on a Rose Red square frame for the middle piece of the layout.  I stamped a couple flower images from the Tropical Party set on the Pumpkin Pie piece, as well as the "dream" image from the Dream a Little stamp set. 

For the four squares, I used squares of the Island Oasis paper (so many fun designs to choose from and so fun to be able to show them off this way!) 

Then, I decided to add some more flower images.  I stamped them on Whisper White using Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo Classic Inks (several of them were done with the Rock and Roll technique).  I cut those images out, and added some brads in the centers before attaching to the card.  I also decided it would be fun to add a bit more "bling" -- and had some of the soda can pieces I had die cut a while back on my desk, so added them to the card!  For the butterflies' bodies, I adhered a brad tail!  Here's a closer shot of the embellishments:




Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

3 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS! I love it, and look at all that work cutting. Phew!!

Anonymous said...

What a great, colorful card, Michelle!!! It's so dreary here and your card is like having sunshine! Really love it!
Marlene Caravello

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Stunning!