Friday, August 31, 2012

Moving Forward Thinking of You

Here's the second of the cards we created at my August Creative Connections Class (to see the first one, please click here):



This card uses the Moving Forward Stamp Set (a set that makes a difference -- for each one sold, Stampin' Up! donates $3 to Ronald McDonald House Charities!  To learn more about how you can help and to see some beautiful samples Stampin' Up! created with this exclusive set, click here.)

To create this card, I started with a base of Midnight Muse.  I added a piece of International Bazaar Designer Series Paper along the bottom.  Then, I inked up the image from Moving Forward using Midnight Muse and Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Markers, and stamped it onto a piece of Shimmery White Card Stock (that had been trimmed along the bottom with the pinking-sheer like edge from the Finishing Touches Edgelits).  I added some color to the sail and the dots along the top of the ship using a Summer Starfruit marker.  For the waves, I stamped the dotted image from Moving Forward in Bashful Blue ink.  For finishing touches, I added a 1/8" Silver Mini Brad on top of the mast and tied some Midnight Muse 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon around the Shimmery White layer.

The layout for this card was inspired by a card I spotted on Pinterest by Jill Franchett.  You can see her card here.

Thanks for visiting my blog!  Come back again soon!

- Michelle

No comments: