Thursday, June 27, 2019

It Starts with Art Floating Frame Cards

Happy Thursday!  Today's cards are made using the Floating Frame technique.  I created the pieces using stamps from the It Starts with Art stamp set and the coordinating Arts and Crafts Dies (available in a bundle, or if you want it all, as part of the Follow Your Art Suite Bundle).  I colored the pieces I created with Stampin' Blends.   I arranged my pieces, then cut with one of the Stitched Nested Labels Dies.  After cutting, I used dimensionals to adhere the pieces to Basic Black card stock (for the interior piece, I cut a piece of Basic Black with the same Stitched Nested Label die, then carefully pieced those together).

Here's the card I created with the interior cut out:


I used a strip of the Follow Your Art Washi Tape along the bottom of the Melon Mambo layer, which I stamped with button images.

For a coordinating envelope, I stamped and colored more images from the It Starts with Art set on the front:


I also stamped the same image on the back flap of the envelope, and here's how I decorated the inside of the card:


Here's how the card with the exterior piece of the floating frame turned out:



I added some extra buttons and faceted dots for even more sparkle and interest.   Again, I dressed up the envelope and inside of the card with some stamped images:






Hope you like these!   Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

P.S.  Stampin' Up! recently added some new items, including stamp sets, on the Clearance Rack!!!  You can see what's currently available in this section of my online store by clicking here.

No comments: