Monday, June 24, 2019

Merry Monday: Octagon Lantern and Marlene's Watercolor Joy Card


It's Merry Monday once again!  Today I have two projects to share with you.  First is an octagon lantern I created for a swap with my friend Marlene about a year and a half ago!  I used the now-retired Eastern Palace dies and Vinyl Stickers to decorate.  I found inspiration for my lantern in this blog post, which also directed me to the pattern here.




I love this pattern and think it could be fun to adapt to create a summer lantern, too!  

The second project today is a watercolor card my friend Marlene created for the same swap.  She did the eclipse technique using watercolor paper and large letter framelits which are now retired.  She spritzed the paper and then stamped, which created a very soft and lovely effect:




I think it could be fun to try this technique with some of the word dies Stampin' Up! has and maybe create a summery version of the watercolor background.  What do you think?

Hope you enjoyed these! 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: