Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Golden Oldies -- Part 2

Here's the second card that I found when I was going through my samples -- this one is also made with the Pick a Petal set, which is on the last chance list and won't be available after June 30th. 

It's been a while, but I think I made this card as one of my swaps for a Stampin' Up! Regional Training I attended in 2008! 


The card has a Wild Wasabi base, with a Certainly Celery layer on top of it.  I stamped the leaves and the ric rac (that's from a long retired set) in Wild Wasabi on the Certainly Celery layer, and the greeting (also from a retired stamp set) in Basic Black.  The flower petals were stamped in Purely Pomegranate and Groovy Guava on a piece of Whisper White and then trimmed out.  The flower center was stamped in River Rock and punched out. 

I created the little circle pieces by punching first with the largest of the hole punches on the Crop-a-Dile and then punching that out with a 1/4" Circle Punch.  Hard to see in the photograph, but there is also Dazzling Diamonds glitter in the center of the little circle pieces.

Hope you liked these blasts from the past!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful card with that pick a petal set! Love it, Michelle!!! I also want to share with you that I am having problems with my email provider and cannot sent out emails...only receive them. I left a lengthy message on your SC page. I hope to get it resolved soon. Thank you for that awesome swap I recived from you last weekend!!! Marlene Caravello