Monday, January 16, 2017

Beautiful You Watercolor Note Card -- Sneak Peek of Open House Make and Take!

I've been good now and finished up both make and take designs for next Sunday's open house!  And, must confess, I had great fun with both designs.  I have the first one to show you today using the new Beautiful You stamp set, which has some gorgeous line art, perfect for coloring with the new Watercolor Pencils.  I actually made two versions of the card -- one with clean lines and one with a bit more carefree feel.  

Here's the first one with clean lines:



This was inspired by Tandra Boyer, who shared a video on a demonstrator Facebook page I belong to about how to mask these images and use watercolor pencils to create a longer skirt for these beautiful ladies.  You can't see from my photo, but in real life, the skirt really sparkles, because I used Wink of Stella all over it!  The lacey line near the greeting is from the Delicate Details stamp set, which is a Sale-a-Bration item you can choose for free when you purchase $50 in merchandise (before shipping & tax).  You can see other choices in the Sale-a-Bration brochure here.

And, here's my more carefree version:


No masking on this one, but used Neutrals Designer Paper for the layer behind the Shimmery White layer with the stamping, and changed the placement of the baker's twine bow (along the spine in the card above, though hard to see because of the photo's dark background).  Also, the Delicate Details stamping along the top is faint (actually a mistake of trying to add the image after I'd used dimensionals to attach the Shimmery White piece to the card -- turns out you only get a good impression near where the dimensionals are!  Ha!  Still, like the vintage-y feel of the partial stamping . . .).

So, which is your favorite version?  Please leave me a comment and let me know.

Can't wait to see what everyone does with these ideas at the Open House!  Hope you'll join the fun!

Thanks so much for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: