Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hey Chick! Card (Second Make and Take Sneak Peek for Sunday's Occasions and Sale-a-Bration Open House)

Hi!  Today I have the second make and take design for my upcoming Occasions and Sale-a-Bration Open House this Sunday afternoon to share with you.  This make and take features the Sale-a-Bration set Hey Chick (you can click the link to see the Sale-a-Bration brochure and learn more about it, but basically, for every $50 you spend on Stampin' Up! merchandise (before shipping and tax), you get to choose a free item from the brochure!).  I also used the gold ribbon from the Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack (another Sale-a-Bration choice), and the new Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder from the Occasions Catalog.  Plus, the circle is cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits, which are in stock again! Yay!! 

Once again, I made two samples -- one with cleaner lines and one with a bit more going on.  I actually created this one first -- I knew I wanted to try putting the designer series paper at an angle, using the inlaid embossing technique, and I wanted to have three chickens around the focal point circle, almost as though they are peering in at you, and with the funky-hair chicken (my favorite!) peeking in upside down (I'd seen something similar on a rectangular shaped piece probably either on Pinterest or Facebook, but now can't find it!)  Anyway, here's how the card turned out: 



I colored my chicks with Stampin' Write Markers, then used a q-tip dipped in bleach to remove some color, giving spots to the chick on the bottom right, and some highlights to the one on top. The "good luck" is from the Custom Tee Bundle (stamped on the sash die cut) and "from all of us" is from the Very Much Stamp Set (another Sale-a-Bration choice).

Here's the second card, which was inspired in part by this card I saw on Pinterest by Amy O'Neill:



I loved how she had the hen looking at the egg with that greeting, so replicated that here!  I again used a q-tip dipped in bleach to remove some of the color I'd applied with markers (here, I did that on the hen, egg, and the ground below them).

You might realize my red and gold color-scheme is Chinese New Year's inspired -- thanks to a conversation with my friends Joyce and Jean about how funny that this stamp set came out when it is the year of the rooster!

Again, I can't wait to see what everyone does with these ideas at the Open House!  Hope you'll join the fun!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!


- Michelle

No comments: