Monday, September 20, 2010

World Cardmaking Day Extravaganza -- Sneak Peek 3 -- Basket of Thanksgiving Cards

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a terrific weekend.  This was a busy stamping weekend for me, and I had a lot of fun with stamping friends old and new.  One of the projects I created was so much fun to make, that I decided it really should be the Thanksgiving project for the World Cardmaking Day Extravaganza.  Here are the little notecard baskets I made for this weekend:


These baskets are made using the Baskets & Blooms Bigz xl die with the Big Shot.  However, instead of assembling to create a circular basket, another piece of cardstock is inserted in between the two basket die cuts to create the rectangular-shaped basket.  I first saw the idea for making baskets this way on Gretchen Barron's blog, but designed my own template for the center of the baskets I created. 

Here are some of the 3 x 3" notecards that I created to put inside the basket:


and another of the sets:



I also cut some of the designer paper, and inserted it into the barrel of a Pentel RSVP pen -- so fun to be able to personalize the pen to match the note set!  I used Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper for three of the sets, and Newsprint Designer Series Paper for the fourth.

The flowers on the baskets were created using die cuts from the Birds & Blooms Sizzlit, with one of the sparkly new Glimmer Brads in the center.

For World Cardmaking Day, I plan to change the color of the basket to Crumb Cake, and use some of the beautiful new Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Mini! You'll want to make some for yourself and some to give away as thank yous!  For more information or to register for the Extravaganza, please leave me a comment or send me an email (using the button on the side bar).

Thank you for stopping by!

Michelle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply Adorable! TFS!

The Tan's said...

love it michelle! i wanna make some now:)