Friday, October 14, 2011

Stamp-Happy Friday!

Today was a fun day -- this morning, I volunteered in my kindergartener's classroom and it was fun to be able to help him and his classmates with a project about goldfish and guppies.  Only problem is now my little guy is convinced we need our own guppies at home.  I loved having them when I was a kid, but not sure I'm ready for them now!

Then, after school, I was able to spend fun time stamping with friends and with my boys!  My friend Charlene and I started an advent calendar project that I hope to show you soon, but for now it's still a work in progress.  I also had friends over to work on some Halloween projects that I hope to show you soon, and managed to finish up not one but two challenge cards, which is something that hasn't happened in quite a while! 

Here's the first of my challenge cards -- it's for the current challenge over at Late Night Stampers.  This week's challenge is to make a card using River Rock, Cajun Craze, and well, just discovered in looking at the challenge again that it is supposed to be Night of Navy, but I got that part mixed up and used some Not Quite Navy.  Oops!  Guess I only managed two out of three, but at least I was pretty close on the third.  Here's my creation:



The card base is Cajun Craze.  I used Well Worn Designer Series Paper with a layer of Not Quite Navy behind it for the background.  Then, I added a strip of River Rock, with a greeting from the Perfect Words set on it. 

The base of the medallion is a piece of River Rock, which I die cut using the Big Shot and the Perfect Pennants die.  I added a Not Quite Navy circle cut with the Circles die, and a piece of Well Worn paper punched with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch. 

For the flower, I used my Fun Flowers die and cut two flowers out of Cajun Craze.  I then used the Faux Suede technique to peel those apart, crunched them up, and used an Antique Brad to hold them together.  Last but not least, I added a Denim Ribbon bow.

Here's a close up of the flower:



This was a fun challenge -- these colors are so perfect for fall cards.  Hope you'll give them a try, too (with the Navy of your choice!  Ha!)

- Michelle

3 comments:

Vicky W said...

Great card Michelle. I love how you have done the technique for your background & then just using the flower to tie it all in

Angie said...

Great card - love the flower....hehehe I made the same mistake and used Not Quite Navy as well.

Anonymous said...

Very cool card, Michelle. It's kind of funky...love that look! Marlene Caravello