Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pretty in Pink Half Cut Valentine's Card

Here's another Valentine's card I created recently -- both for my Valentine's and More Class and for my swap with my friend Marlene.  This is a half cut card, and was inspired by this gorgeous card by Diane Vander Galien on Splitcoaststampers.  From Diane's card, I found Jackie Topa's excellent tutorial on how to make half cut cards, which you can see (after checking out the rest of my post, of course!) by clicking here.

Here is my card:








The card base is Pretty in Pink card stock, and I inserted a layer of Whisper White on the inside.  Both the front of the card and the Whisper White layer are embossed with the Tulip Frame Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I sponged around the embossing on the Whisper White using Pretty in Pink.

The cupid image is from the P.S. I Love You stamp set -- as are the "from my heart to yours" greeting and the stamped image with the brackets.  I stamped all of those using Basic Black Classic Ink.  The cupid image was cut out using one of the smaller Heart Framelits.  Behind that, I added a piece of Whisper White that had been punched out with the Full Heart Punch and sponged with Basic Black around the edges.  (I was very excited to find out that the Full Heart Punch layers so nicely with the Heart Framelits!!!)  That was all layered onto another Whisper White heart that had been die cut with the Heart Framelits.  I squeezed Dazzling Details around that heart, and spread it evenly around using a paintbrush.  Here's a close up so you can see the layers and the sparkle a bit better:


For the embellishment on the bottom side, I punched out the stamped image that coordinate with the Modern Label Punch, then added strips from the Rhinestone Jewels on top of it.  I used the medium and small heart from the Heart to Heart Punch.  The medium heart is stamped in Pretty in Pink with the image from P.S. I Love You that is a heart made up from lots of smaller hearts.  The small heart is covered in Dazzling Details.  Here's a close up:



I finished the card with a couple of Rhinestone Jewels on one of the front panels, and some Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon tied together with the White Organza Ribbon.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantabulous (I don't think this is really a word...but it should be). Amazing card!!! I cannot wait to try this tech. out, Michelle! TFS! Marlene Caravello