Monday, September 17, 2012

Noel . . .

I had my September Creative Connections class yesterday, and as I was planning for it, decided that one of the cards we would make this month should be a Christmas card -- definitely not too early to get started making these!  I also wanted to use a combination of the Natural Composition Specialty Paper with music notes and the Champagne Glimmer Paper.  That combo turned out to be a little tricky, but I think it worked out well:


Here's another view:


 And, the finished inside:



The card base is Cherry Cobbler, and I stamped the background of it several times with the snowflake-like image from Mixed Medley (one of the hostess stamps in the Holiday Catalog) in Cherry Cobbler ink.  The same image appears on the Whisper White layer on the inside.

The Natural Composition layer is inked with Whisper White Craft Ink, using the direct to paper technique.  In other words, I swiped the ink pad across the paper.  "Noel" is from Greetings of the Season, and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink.

The snowflake is Whisper White Card Stock die cut with the Snow Flurry Bigz Die.  The largest snowflake layer is actually cut twice, but on one of those, I trimmed off the circular end piece.  This snowflake is inspired by one on a card at the top right of page 14 of the Holiday Catalog.

Under the snowflake, is a piece of the Champagne Glimmer Paper, die cut with one of the Apothecary Labels Framelits.

Thanks for stopping by for a little Christmas in September!

- Michelle


No comments: