Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sew Much More Paper Pumpkin Fun

In yesterday's post, I showed you projects I'd been making with the Sew You Paper Pumpkin kit (from March 2015).  Well, I finished up the last of the cards I was working on from it last night, and have them ready to show you now!

To create this first set of cards, I had cut apart the cards that came in the kit to use as designer paper. You'll see I colored those designs by stamping on the designer paper with my Watercolor Wash background stamp, and then layered that paper onto Basic Black card stock and a Whisper White base (I'm loving the new heavier weight Whisper White -- it is perfect for card bases!)  Since I wanted the inked up designer paper to be the star of the show, I kept the rest of the card designs fairly simple.  For greetings, I used the stamps that came with the Sew You Paper Pumpkin kit.  I stamped onto Whisper White card stock that I'd die cut with either the new Tags & Labels Framelits Dies or the Lots of Labels Framelits dies, and then layered onto a coordinating Basic Black die cut.

Okay, enough about the background!  Onto the cards!  The first one has Bermuda Bay ink stamped onto the background and I added some silver sequins (leftover from another Paper Pumpkin kit):


I decided to add some rhinestones in the sequin centers for even more razzle-dazzle:



This card has a Watermelon Wonder stamped background and sequins again:


The background for the next card is half Pumpkin Pie and half Daffodil Delight.  I added some loops of Gold thread behind the greeting just for fun, and glued on a few little gold foil stars (punched with the Confetti Star punch) I had leftover from another project:


 For this card, I used Daffodil Delight ink with streaks of Pumpkin Pie.  The diamond die cut adhesive is from the Paper Pumpkin kit and the bow is Gold Baker's twine:


This is Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie again.  I added some rhinestones and a butterfly made with the Watercolor Wings stamp set and die cut with the Butterflies Thinlets:


The background for this card is Cucumber Crush and Mint Macaron:


After I'd stamped the backgrounds on the above cards, I'd discovered that if I'd stamp again on another piece of card stock I'd transfer the ink in a pattern as though my background stamp had been "kissed."  Here are the cards I made with the background papers I created using that kissing technique:


The background paper for this card came after I'd stamped the Cucumber Crush and Mint Macaron onto the dotted pattern above.  I stamped images from the Tin of Card set in Bermuda Bay onto the background paper.  The butterfly, again from Watercolor Wings, die cut with the coordinating shape from the Butterflies Framelits, was stamped in Delightful Dijon, Watermelon Wonder, and Tip Top Taupe (you'll see I made a bunch of butterflies like that for these cards!)  The card base is Bermuda Bay and is a 2-1/2 x 4-1/4" card.

Here's the inside:



The next card is created with the Watermelon Wonder stripes-kissed background:


The flower stamps are from the June 2015 Happy Thoughts Paper Pumpkin kit.  "Happy" is from Tin of Cards and is stamped in Watermelon Wonder ink onto a piece of Whisper White cut with the new Washi Label Punch.  I colored the flower centers in with my White Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, then added Crystal Effects on top of that for a fun 3D look:



The kissed background on the next card is a bit more subtle, but comes from one of the Daffodil Delight-Pumpkin Pie striped pieces.  I stamped flowers from the Happy Thoughts Paper Pumpkin kit all over it, and added a butterfly, a strip of Watermelon Wonder card stock, a Washi Label Punch with "Thanks" from Tin of Cards on it, and a Crushed Curry Baker's Twine bow:


This background is another of the Daffodil Delight-Pumpkin Pie combos.  I added the dots from Watercolor Wings in Watermelon Wonder ink, the butterfly, and the greeting from the Happy Thoughts Paper Pumpkin kit stamped in Tip Top Taupe.  The card base is Tangerine Tango:


Here's the final Daffodil Delight-Pumpkin Pie combo background.  I added this piece to a layer of Watermelon Wonder card stock and a Daffodil Delight card base.  The flowers from Happy Thoughts were stamped in Calypso Coral (stamped off once), and the greeting is stamped in full strength Watermelon Wonder:


The last two cards both have Bermuda Bay kissed backgrounds.  The first one is on an Island Indigo base, with a layer of Bermuda Bay under the background:


And, the colors are reversed for this one:


The dots and "Just for You" are stamped in Island Indigo and are from the Watercolor Wings stamp set.

Wow!  That was a long post!!!  Thanks for staying with me to the end of it!  Hope you enjoyed seeing all the variations!

If you'd like to join in on the Paper Pumpkin fun, be sure to click here to learn more or sign up!   Subscribers can purchase past kits -- you can see what's currently available here (some are retiring soon, so be sure to get your favorites before it's too late!).

Thanks for visiting!
- Michelle

No comments: