The first two cards I made following the kit's instructions and samples:
On this card, I decided to try something a little fancier with the stitching, and stitched across the letters as well as around them:
Then, I started to add some color to the base. I sponged this one with Bermuda Bay ink to create an ombre effect:
Then, I decided rather than sponging, to try stamping with my new Watercolor Wash background stamp, again using Bermuda Bay ink for these (some stamped across the entire card front and some just about half):
Then, I decided to mix it up and try stamping with some other colors! I inked up the Watercolor Wash stamp half with Pumpkin Pie and half with Daffodil Delight for the background on this one:
I still need to finish these, but inked up the Watercolor Wash stamp half with Mint Macaron and half with Cucumber Crush for this background:
These are again done with Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie:
And, here is one with Watermelon Wonder:
Something interesting I discovered when I was stamping these is that the black area of the design did not take the ink from the stamp! So, I could do the "kissing" technique -- after stamping onto the designer paper, I stamped again onto some Whisper White and created my own designer paper. I'm still working on creating cards with those pieces, and will hopefully have them to show you soon, as well as the unfinished cards from above all finished up!
Stay tuned! If you'd like to join in on the Paper Pumpkin fun, be sure to click here to learn more or sign up!
Thanks for visiting!