Friday, August 20, 2010

Each Peach, Pear . . . Concord!

For hostess club this month, I wanted to show off some of the newest In Colors, so checked out my handy dandy new Color Coach, and really liked the Concord Crush Creative Combination, which is Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, and Peach Parfait.  Sounds pretty yummy, right?  Wait until you see how it looks together!

Here's the card I created with these colors:


I sponged the In Colors onto Presto Patterns Designer Series Paper.  The owl stamp is from the Cute by the Inch Level 2 Hostess set, and was stamped in Concord Crush onto Whisper White.  I used my Blender Pen and some ink from the lid of my Peach Parfait stamp pad to color in the owl's beak and feet.  Then, added some Moonlight Smooch (can you tell I'm absolutely addicted to using this on my projects?).  Here's a closer view of the owl so you can see the Smooch a bit better (the sparkle is much more impressive in real life -- haven't figured out quite how to capture that with the camera yet!):


 I cut out the image and then layered it onto the piece of Concord Crush, which I had punched out with the Scallop Square Punch. 

Layered the Presto Patterns piece onto a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock, which I had punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch, and then layered those onto a Sahara Sand card base.  Finished the card off with some Whisper White Organza Ribbon and some rhinestone jewels.

Pretty simple to make, yet pretty elegant!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

3 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Love this card!! The colors are gorgeous together!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning! Love your color choices on the Presto DP. I hope you don't mind me using this idea at one of my club events. Marlene Caravello

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Love this card of yours, the colour is lovely!! I shall be back to browse more... I was looking for an idea and here I am....