Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Marlene's Valentine's Owl Card

Here's another of my talented friend Marlene Caravello's beautiful creations from our swap back in January!  My apologies for not showing you this Valentine's idea sooner!  I think it could easily be adapted though for a fun birthday, wedding or anniversary card.   So, maybe it's not really too late after all?  :)  Anyway, here's the card: 


The owl stamp is from the Sale-a-Bration set Punch Bunch.  It looks like Marlene stamped the image twice, punched out one of the images with the owl punch and then trimmed around just the wing of the other image so she could paper piece that on with the Red Glitter Paper heart.  The little red hearts are also punched out of Red Glitter Paper, using the heart from the owl punch.

The Got Love? stamp is from the Got Treats set in the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog. 

The Pink Pirouette layer was embossed with the Tulip Frame Embossing Folder from the Occasions Mini.  I love that folder -- adds such a great touch to a card!

The inside of this card is fabulous, too.  Marlene lined the top with a piece of paper that she had run through the Big Shot with the Heart Pressed Letterpress Plate, which she'd inked up with Real Red ink.


Great fun!  Thanks again for swapping with me, Marlene!!!

And, thank you for stopping by!

- Michelle

P.S.  Don't forget about my blog candy-- more details here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love that owl! Thanks for making my card pop! You are so good at making art look better with your photo expertise! Marlene Caravello