Monday, March 26, 2012

Scallop Frame Challenge

Hi!  Back with another quick blog post today.  This one is the last of the three projects we created at this month's Creative Connections class.  For this one, my dear friend Jana, who was this month's hostess, gave me the challenge of coming up with a project that would use some Scallop Oval Frame die cuts we had saved after making these reindeer treats a couple years ago.  

I wanted to give the die cuts a bit of a makeover, so I embossed them in the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, then applied Very Vanilla Craft Ink onto the raised areas using a brayer.  I die cut a piece of Very Vanilla using one of the larger Labels Framelits, and stamped that using the Fresh Vintage Stamp Set and Elementary Elegance Stamp Set (both are free choices for Sale-a-Bration . . . only available a few more days!!!).   I then attached the two pieces, creating a tag, or a piece that could be attached to a card front . . . lots of possibilities.  Here's how it turned out:

 

The large butterfly on the frame is a scrap of Pumpkin Pie that was stamped with the Mixed Bunch stamp set in Real Red Classic Ink, then punched out with the Blossom Punch.  I cut the top two petals off to form the butterfly (inspired by the sample on page 16 of the Occasions Mini).  Then, tied some Calypso Coral Baker's Twine around the butterfly's body, and sponged the twine and butterfly with Early Espresso.  I also painted Gold Foil Smooch on the twine and around the edges of the butterfly's wings.  

Still have some Scallop Frames left . . . will have to come up with some more ideas for using them!  Would love to hear your ideas and suggestions!  (And would be willing to share if you'd like some to play with, too!)  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

- Michelle

No comments: