Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bonuses from Marlene!

If you read my blog regularly, you know that I have great fun swapping with my amazing and talented friend Marlene Caravello.  There are many reasons that swapping with Marlene is such great fun, but one of them is that she is so sweet and surprises me with "bonuses"!  In our last swap, she included some candies for my boys, complete with these adorable bag toppers:


The toppers have some of the beautiful paper from the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper, which you can order until the end of April, and will be available again starting June 1st, when the new Stampin' Up! Catalog starts!  The adorable little chick is made from the Bird Builder Punch.  

Marlene also sent me this beautiful card, done with the "Shabby Chic" technique:

 The background stamp is Hello, Doily stamped in White Craft on Marina Mist.  The teacup is from the Tea Shoppe stamp set in the Occasions Mini (which also ends April 30th, so make sure you have everything you want from it now!!!)  Marlene stamped the tea cup on Certainly Celery paper and embossed it with Black Embossing Powder.  It looks like she also sponged the violets using Marina Mist Classic Ink, and then added a rhinestone center.  Marlene used the Lace Ribbon Border Punch to create the Whisper White accent piece along the bottom.  And, I love how she glittered the Seam Binding Ribbon -- I think she used Dazzling Details on it to make it sparkle.

The inside of the card is beautiful, too:


It's embossed on the left side with the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, and looks like it has been sponged with Whisper White over the embossing.  Isn't that a great idea?!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: