Thursday, April 26, 2012

More Attic Boutique Butterflies!

Happy Thursday!  So, yesterday I showed you the card we made with the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set at Sunday's Creative Connections class.  Well, before I decided on that design (which I forgot to mention in yesterday's post is actually a CASE of the layout on page 141 of the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog), I started with this card.  I really like how it turned out, but it ended up with so many layers and details, I decided that it was just too much work to make my class attendees do!  Here it is:



The card base is Soft Suede, with a layer of Daffodil Delight on top of that, and then a layer of designer paper from the Attic Boutique Designer Series Paper pack.  On top of that is a strip of Pool Party, which I punched on top and bottom with the Scallop Trim Border Punch, and then sponged the edges with Soft Suede Ink.  Next I layered on pieces of Pool Party punched with the Decorative Label Punch, and sponged around he edges with Soft Suede.  I topped that with some of the new Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon (available now until April 30th as part of the Summer Smooches Promotion, and then again when the new Catalog comes out on June 1st!)

Next are the butterflies, and as on yesterday's card, they were stamped with the dotted outline image from the Flight of the Butterfly set on the Attic Boutique designer paper, then punched out with the coordinating Butterfly Punch.  I sponged them with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  Then, I added a piece of Soft Suede punched with the scalloped flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, and a Pearl Jewel in the center of each.

For finishing touches, I added more flowers punched from the Attic Boutique paper with the scalloped flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, with pearls in the center, leaves punched out of Soft Suede with the Bird Builder Punch, and the greeting.  For the greeting, I punched a piece of Attic Boutique paper twice with the Decorative Label punch to get the smaller shape.  Then, I stamped the greeting, which is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, in Soft Suede Classic Ink.

The inside of the card is finished rather simply.  I used a layer of Whisper White, with a strip of Attic Boutique Designer Paper, and another stamped, punched, and shimmered butterfly:



Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: