Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sneak Peek: Tag made with Happy Scenes and Curvy Corner Trio Punch

When I was at Convention, I was able to try out the cool new Curvy Corner Trio Punch.  Here's a piece that I'd punched with it:



This piece shows off one of the two corner styles you can create with the punch.  The ribbon slot at the top can be lengthened by repeated punching, so that is a neat feature, too.  I look forward to trying that out when I can get my hands on a punch of my own!  

After returning home, I decided to finish up my tag, and here's how that turned out:


The trees and snowflakes are images from the new Happy Scenes stamp set, stamped with the new Basic Black Archival Stamp Pad (good stuff!).  I added Dazzling Details after stamping, though probably should've waited until after sponging on the color for the sunset and snow since the ink dyed the Dazzling Details a bit.  (I used So Saffron, Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party inks for that).  So, if I make more, I'll know better!

I added a bit of Whisper White Cotton Ribbon at the top:



Wouldn't this be a fun Christmas tag?  Or, perhaps a focal point for a card?  Hmm . . . lots of possibilities!

Hope you like the sneak peek!  Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: