Monday, August 1, 2016

Time of Year and Gift of Love Hostess Sets

Hi!  I'm back . . . we were off on a family vacation last week, and I had photos all set and just needed to write posts, but just didn't have time to make it happen!  The upside is that I am all organized for some fun posts this week, right?  :)

Today's cards are CASED (stamper lingo for copy and share everything) from page 200 of the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog, though I did end up making a change or two to them.  They also show off a few of the new 2016-18 In Colors.

This first card uses the Time of Year hostess stamp set, and is a clean and simple card, easily whipped up in a few minutes:


The "thinking of you" is stamped in Mint Macaron (actually one of the 2015-17 In Colors), the flowers in Flirty Flamingo, and the "always" banner in Sweet Sugarplum.  I think the flowers on the card in the catalog were stamped with Blushing Bride.  As in the catalog sample, I adhered some clear sequins for a bit of sparkle!  I used the new Thick Whisper White as the card base, and I am so glad Stampin' Up! introduced this -- it is such a perfect weight for giving more substance to single layer cards like this!  

The second card is made with the beautiful Gift of Love stamp set, and uses the two-step stampin' technique.  




For the focal flower image, I first stamped the outline in Basic Gray, then stamped the flowers in Flirty Flamingo, and the leaves in Old Olive.  Although the card in the catalog appears to have a handpainted watercolor wash background, I decided rather than watercolor to create the background using the Watercolor Wash background stamp, inked up with Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo.  A little hard to tell from the photo, but I also flecked the background with spots from my Gold Wink of Stella glitter brush.  The greeting is stamped in Basic Gray.  For the finishing touch, I added a strip of Blushing Bride Sequin Trim (didn't have the beautiful Very Vanilla Lace Trim shown in the catalog sample when I made this card, although you can bet I do now! ;) ).  The card base and layer with background stamping for this card are both Very Vanilla card stock.  

Hope you liked these!  So, how can you get these hostess sets?  In the U.S., you can get them using Stampin' Rewards if you host a party with sales over $150 in merchandise (before shipping and tax) OR if you place a qualifying order of $150 or more in merchandise (again, before shipping and tax).  

If you earned bonus days rewards last month, get ready . . . you can start redeeming those tomorrow!  And, the Thoughtful Branches stamp set and bundle will be available to order tomorrow, too!!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle



No comments: