Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day . . . hope it is a wonderful day for you!   Wanted to pop in and share a quick project I created to fill with treats to give to the kids' teachers.  Here it is:



I created these using the Mini Milk Carton Die and the Big Shot.  They are made from Certainly Celery card stock.  I wrapped a band of Wild Wasabi, which I had embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, around each milk carton.  The boxes are closed with a Mini Library Clip.  

The Happy St. Patrick's Day image is from the single stamp Lucky Shamrock (in the Occasions Mini). I stamped it in Wild Wasabi Classic Ink on Whisper White card stock.  I punched it out with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch, which coordinates perfectly.  (These circles also layer nicely on the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch.  In fact, I created some little badges by layering stamped, punched images onto Certainly Celery punched scallops and was then going to create pins with those for the kids in D's class.  But, alas, I didn't have enough pin backs or safety pins in the house.  So, I instead sent the pieces off with him in case they can incorporate them into one of their art projects today!  That's the danger of last minute crafting, I guess!)

For a finishing touch, I spritzed the little boxes with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz.  Here's another view, which I think shows the little golden flecks just a little better:


And, last but not least, I wanted to show you my just-a-little-bit Irish eyes a smilin' for the camera this morning before school.  They had so much fun dressing up in green for St. Patrick's day:



Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute milk cartons, Michelle! Love the pics of your two cuties too! Did you wear green too? I sure did for work, today. Marlene Caravello

Jana Weaver said...

Very cute...I bet the teachers loved it!!