Friday, March 18, 2011

Petal Pizzazz Note Card

Happy Friday to you!  Just a quick share today.  This is a little note card that I created a little while back and wanted to show you. 


The flower was created by stamping an image from the Petal Pizzazz Stamp Set in Peach Parfait onto Whisper White Card Stock.  Then, I punched it out using the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch.  I sponged the edges with Tangerine Tango.  Inspired by the beautiful flowers in the scrapbook page on the cover of the Sale-a-Bration brochure, I then snipped from the side of each scallop close to but not through the center, to create petals!  I finished my flower with a Sweet Stitches Fabric Designer Brad (love these!  By the way, I'm having a contest over on my Facebook Page, where you can win a package of these for submitting a photo of a spring project you've made with Stampin' Up! products . . . so if you love these brads, too, you'll want to head over there and enter that!) 

The leaves are pieces of Old Olive Card Stock that were punched out using the Blossom Petals Punch, then sponged.  I also added the line using my Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker.

The card base is Crumb Cake (Kraft), and I added a layer of Melon Mambo and a strip of Sweet Stitches paper (actually printed on my home printer from the digital kit for this paper in My Digital Studio, so I guess this is technically a hybrid card!)

I had so much fun creating the flower for this card, that it inspired the next creations I want to show you!  My recent blog candy winners received those creations . . . so stay tuned to see what I made!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this little flowered note card, Michelle! It is so pretty! Marlene Caravello