Tuesday, March 29, 2011

So Happy For Trying Inlaid Embossing!

I've seen the inlaid embossing technique on quite a few cards now, and been wanting to try it.  So, I finally did . . . I needed a birthday card for one of my 8 year old's friends, and he wanted something bright and happy but still masculine, so here's what we came up with:


The base of the card is Tempting Turquoise.  The Top Note piece was cut from Pacific Point card stock using the Big Shot.  I then punched out circles in a variety of sizes from Real Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango.  I glued those onto the Top Note piece, and ran that through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  The results are so fun.  If you haven't tried the technique yet, you should!

To finish the card, I wrapped a piece of Real Red 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon around the Top Note.  I topped that with the greeting piece -- the stamped image is from the Afterthoughts set (a Level 1 hostess set), which I used markers to color and stamp.  Then, I punched that out using the 1-3/4" Circle punch.  I sponged the edges with Tempting Turquoise ink. 

The little shooting star accent is from the So Happy for You stamp set (this is one you can choose for free during Sale-a-Bration with a $50 order.  But, hurry, Sale-a-Bration ends on March 31st!!!) I colored the image with markers, stamped, and then cut out the image.

Hopefully the birthday boy enjoyed receiving it as much as we enjoyed making it!  Hope you like it, too, and are inspired to try out the inlaid embossing technique for yourself!  Please let me know if you need any supplies.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Adorable!! I've been dying to try that one too..maybe together sometime soon!!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors, Michelle!!! It is so cheery! I have not tried this tech. yet and you have inspired me. Gonna have to try that! Thanks, Marlene Caravello