Friday, January 10, 2014

Flashback Friday: Holiday Craft Faire Cards, Ornaments, and Bows, Oh My!

Happy Friday!  Last month, I shared some of the snowflake and rolled paper ornaments I'd created for a Holiday Craft Faire.  Well, it's about time I shared with you some photos of the other projects my friend Jana and I created for the faire!

Jana had the brilliant idea to make bundles of clean and simple thank you notes, and hers turned out beautifully (though pardon the photos, which were taken late at night before the faire).  She used a Whisper White card base, a layer of either Pacific Point or Cherry Cobbler, and a final layer of Whisper White, which she embossed with a Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Hard to see from my photos, but Jana added some Dazzling Details to the embossing for some extra sparkle.  Jana also stamped a greeting from the Another Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set, and then tied each bundle with some of Stampin' Up!'s beautiful ribbon (Pacific Point 1/4" stitched ribbon and Cherry Cobbler 3/4" Chevron Ribbon, to be exact):




We packaged the bundles up in empty Paper Pumpkin boxes I had saved, and they were perfect for safely transporting the cards.

Following Jana's example, I created some clean and simple thank you notes in Gumball Green, using one of the Delicate Designs embossing folders.  I also created similar cards using the Delicate Designs embossing folders and the Wonderful Blessing Single Stamp, embossed in gold powder on Very Vanilla paper and die cut using one of the Circle Collection Framelits:







I created a couple other card designs as well:




I also had a card and tag for make and take projects.  Here are my samples for those:





The stamped images are from the Best of Snow set.  The Whisper White tags were die cut using the Chalk Talk Framelits, and I cut the notches on the pennants using a die from the Square Collections Framelits.

I also created some porcelain ornaments, using images from the Wonderful Blessing Single Stamp, Santa's List stamp set, and the Christmas Star Single Stamp.  I used Versamark to stamp the images on the porcelain, then heat embossed with gold embossing powder.


For the star, after embossing the image in gold, I smooshed (technical term!) Versamark all over the image and star, then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice for added sparkle:


 Perhaps my favorite projects for the faire, though, were our wearable art projects!  I created earrings using Frosted Finishes and some rose embellishments (simply used a strong bonding glue to attach posts I had purchased), and then had great fun creating packaging for the earrings:






 For the roses, I used Floral Frames Framelits to die cut flowers out of Pistachio Pudding card stock, which I had stamped using the Daydream Medallions Stamp Set.  On the back, I used the Angel Policy stamp from the awesome Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit (more on that coming soon!!!).

 For the Frosted Finishes earrings, I used the Apothecary Labels Framelits and die cut a piece of Soft Sky.  I stamped that using Festive Flurry Stamp set (still available!)




I nestled the earrings and card into a Cello Bag and used Coastal Cabana Ruffled Ribbon to tie it off.  Then, that could be tucked into one of the designer gift boxes from the Holiday Catalog:


Here's an idea I came up with for a coordinating tag as well (using a combination of Chalk Talk Framelits and Stamps, Festive Flurry stamp set and Framelits, and a hint of Gorgeous Grunge and Background Builders; the ribbon is Soft Sky Seam Binding):



And, last but definitely not least, were the beautiful wool felt hair clips that Jana die cut and stitched using the Bow Die from the holiday catalog:



Hope you enjoyed and are inspired by these projects!

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle

No comments: